Cable-stayed bridge with semi-fan system
|Function / usage:||
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
|Coordinates:||31° 46' 44.00" N 120° 59' 42.00" E|
|main span||1 088 m|
|total length||8 146 m|
|main bridge||length||2088 m|
|span lengths||2 x 100 m - 300 m - 1 088 m - 300 m - 2 x 100 m|
|pylons||height from foundation level||304.4 m|
|cost of construction||United States dollar 750 000 000|
Products, Services & Reports
|1 June 2007||
The central segment of the deck is lifted into place.
- Architectural Design & Research Institute of Tongji University
- China Highway Planning and Design Institute Consultants
- Jiangsu Province Communications Planning and Design Institute
Wind tunnel testing
- Civil Engineering Institute of Southwest Jiaotong University
- COWI Consulting Engineers and Planners AS
- Maunsell AECOM
- China Harbour Engineering Company Group
- China Railway Shanhaiguan Bridge Group Co.
- Jiangsu Fasten Nippon Steel Cable Co., Ltd.
- Second Highway Engineering Bureau of China Communications Construction Company
- Second Navigational Engineering Bureau of China Communications Construction Company
Relevant Web Sites
- Tight toleranaces for Sutong deck lift. in Bridge Design & Engineering, v. 11, n. 41 (4th Quarter 2005)
- Sutong deck lift at full speed. in Bridge Update, n. 65 (January 2007)
- Next Yangtze crossing moves ahead. in Bridge Design & Engineering, v. 10, n. 37 (4th Quarter 2004)
- 'Intelligent' dampers for Sutong stays. in Bridge Design & Engineering, v. 12, n. 43 (2nd Quarter 2006)
- Rising star. in Bridge Update, n. 62 (November 2006)
- Longer. presented at 35th Annual Symposium of IABSE / 52nd Annual Symposium of IASS / 6th International Conference on Space Structures, London, September 2011.
- Smooth operator. in Bridge Design & Engineering, n. 49 (4th Quarter 2007)
- China's bridge boom grows with another three world-class projects. in Bridge Design & Engineering, v. 9, n. 30 (1st Quarter 2003)
- Route master. in Bridge Design & Engineering, v. 13, n. 46 (1st Quarter 2007)
- Aerodynamic Behaviour of Very Long Cable-Stayed Bridges during Construction. presented at IABSE Symposium, Large Structures and Infrastructures for Environmentally Constrained and Urbanised Areas, Venice, 22-24 September 2010.
- Sutong's final pice finds its place in history. in Bridge Design & Engineering, n. 48 (3rd Quarter 2007)
- Sutong Bridge - The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge in the World. in Structural Engineering International, v. 18, n. 4 (November 2008)
- Sutong Bridge-A Cable-stayed Bridge with Main Span of 1088 Meters. presented at 17th IABSE Congress, Creating and Renewing Urban Structures – Tall Buildings, Bridges and Infrastructure, Chicago, September 17-19, 2008.
- Sutong Bridge – A cable-stayed bridge with a main span of 1088 meters. presented at IABSE Workshop, Recent Major Bridges, Shanghai, May 2009.
- The Key Techniques For Sutong Bridge Construction Control. presented at Improving Infrastructure Worldwide, IABSE Symposium, Weimar, 19-21.09.2007.
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update