|Other name(s):||New Tappan Zee Bridge|
|Beginning of works:||2013|
|Completion:||15 June 2018|
Cable-stayed bridge with semi-fan system
for registered users
|Function / usage:||
Motorway bridge / freeway bridge
Steel-reinforced concrete composite bridge
Awards and Distinctions
for registered users
Tarrytown, Greenburgh, Westchester County, New York, USA
Nyack, Rockland County, New York, USA
Tappan Zee Bridge (1955)
|Coordinates:||41° 4' 0.47" N 73° 51' 59.67" W|
|Coordinates:||41° 4' 28.36" N 73° 55' 11.48" W|
|main span||365.76 m|
|horizontal navigation clearance||347.47 m|
Case Studies and Applied Products
Modular Expansion Joints can be constructed for any movements, from about 100 mm up to 2,000 mm and more. They allow movements in all 3 directions and rotations around all 3 axes.[more]
|26 August 2017||
The westbound span is opened to traffic.
|6 October 2017||
Eastbound traffic is moved from the old bridge to the westbound span of the new bridge to allow demolition to begin.
Relevant Web Sites
- (2019): Design of the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge. Presented at: IABSE Congress: The Evolving Metropolis, New York, NY, USA, 4-6 September 2019, pp. 599-607.
- (2019): Durability of Piles for Water-Level Pile Caps for the Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge. Presented at: IABSE Congress: The Evolving Metropolis, New York, NY, USA, 4-6 September 2019, pp. 1214-1218.
- (2019): New York – a metropolis of challenging bridge expansion joint applications. Presented at: IABSE Congress: The Evolving Metropolis, New York, NY, USA, 4-6 September 2019, pp. 757-766.
- Scalable, Modularized Solutions in the Design and Construction of the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge. In: Structural Engineering International, v. 29, n. 1 (January 2019), pp. 123-127. (2019):
- (2018): The Structural Health Monitoring System of the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge. Presented at: IABSE Conference: Engineering the Past, to Meet the Needs of the Future, Copenhagen, Denmark, 25-27 June 2018, pp. 439-445.
- About this
- Published on:
- Last updated on: