Cable-stayed bridge with semi-fan system
|Function / usage:||
Motorway bridge / freeway bridge
Tsing Yi, Kwai Tsing, Hong Kong, China
Ngong Shuen Chau Viaduct (2007)
|Coordinates:||22° 19' 33.00" N 114° 7' 6.00" E|
|main span||1 018 m|
|length of side spans||2 × 289 m|
|deck||deck width||51 m|
|pylon||pylon height||293 m|
|dimensions of pylon foot||24 m × 18 m|
|deck of main span||
|deck of side spans||
|pylon (below deck level)||
|pylon (above deck level)||
concrete with stainless steel skin
An International Design Competition is launched.
The winning scheme is announced.
The design consultancy is awarded.
Construction contract is awarded.
The bridge is opened to traffic.
The concept for the Stonecutters Bridge was selected through an international design competition which took place in year 2000.
- Halcrow Group
- Shanghai Construction Engineering Group
Dissing+Weitling arkitektfirma a/s
- Poul Ove Jensen (concept designer)
Flint & Neill
- Ian Firth (concept designer)
Relevant Web Sites
- Stonecutters Bridge – durability, maintenance and safety considerations. In: Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, v. 5, n. 3 (June 2009), pp. 229-243. (2009):
- Engineering the Tower and Main Span Construction of Stonecutters Bridge. In: Journal of Bridge Engineering (ASCE), v. 15, n. 2 (March 2010), pp. 144-152. (2010):
- Construction aerodynamics of cable-stayed bridges for record spans: Stonecutters Bridge. In: Structures, v. 8 (November 2016), pp. 94-110. (2016):
- 4000 tonne lift of Stonecutters Bridge steel back-spans, H.K.. In: Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers - Bridge Engineering, v. 161, n. 4 (December 2008), pp. 197-208. (2008):
- Stonecutters Bridge, Hong Kong: main span erection. In: Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers - Bridge Engineering, v. 165, n. 1 (March 2012), pp. 67-76. (2012):
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update