Cable-stayed bridge with semi-fan system
|Function / usage:||
Motorway bridge / freeway bridge
Tsing Yi, Kwai Tsing, Hong Kong, China
Ngong Shuen Chau Viaduct (2007)
|Coordinates:||22° 19' 33.00" N 114° 7' 6.00" E|
|main span||1 018 m|
|length of side spans||2 × 289 m|
|deck||deck width||51 m|
|pylon||pylon height||293 m|
|dimensions of pylon foot||24 m × 18 m|
|deck of main span||
|deck of side spans||
|pylon (below deck level)||
|pylon (above deck level)||
concrete with stainless steel skin
An International Design Competition is launched.
The winning scheme is announced.
The design consultancy is awarded.
Construction contract is awarded.
The bridge is opened to traffic.
The concept for the Stonecutters Bridge was selected through an international design competition which took place in year 2000.
- Halcrow Group
- Shanghai Construction Engineering Group
Dissing+Weitling arkitektfirma a/s
- Poul Ove Jensen (concept designer)
Flint & Neill
- Ian Firth (concept designer)
Relevant Web Sites
- 4000 tonne lift of Stonecutters Bridge steel back-spans, H.K.. In: Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers - Bridge Engineering, v. 161, n. 4 (December 2008), pp. 197-208. (2008):
- Advances in Cable-Supported Bridges. Taylor & Francis, Abingdon-on-Thames (United Kingdom), pp. 261. (2006):
- The Aerodynamic Behaviour of the Deck of Stonecutters Bridge, Hong Kong. In: Structural Engineering International, v. 20, n. 1 (February 2010), pp. 79-90. (2010):
- Aerodynamic Behaviour of Very Long Cable-Stayed Bridges during Construction. Presented at: IABSE Symposium, Large Structures and Infrastructures for Environmentally Constrained and Urbanised Areas, Venice, 22-24 September 2010, pp. 292. (2010):
- Aesthetics retained as Stonecutters detailed design starts. In: Bridge Design & Engineering, v. 8, n. 26 (1st Quarter 2002), pp. 8.
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update