Cable-stayed bridge with semi-fan system
|Function / usage:||
Motorway bridge / freeway bridge
Kowloon City, Hong Kong, China
Tsing Yi, Kwai Tsing, Hong Kong, China
Ngong Shuen Chau Viaduct (2007)
|Coordinates:||22° 19' 33.00" N 114° 7' 6.00" E|
|main span||1 018 m|
|length of side spans||2 x 289 m|
|deck||deck width||51 m|
|pylon||pylon height||293 m|
|dimensions of pylon foot||24 m x 18 m|
|deck of main span||
|deck of side spans||
|pylon (below deck level)||
|pylon (above deck level)||
concrete with stainless steel skin
An International Design Competition is launched.
The winning scheme is announced.
The design consultancy is awarded.
Construction contract is awarded.
The bridge is opened to traffic.
The concept for the Stonecutters Bridge was selected through an international design competition which took place in year 2000.
- Halcrow Group
- Shanghai Construction Engineering Group
Dissing+Weitling arkitektfirma a/s
- Poul Ove Jensen (concept designer)
Flint & Neill Partnership
- Ian Firth (concept designer)
Relevant Web Sites
- Longer. Presented at: 35th Annual Symposium of IABSE / 52nd Annual Symposium of IASS / 6th International Conference on Space Structures, London, September 2011. :
- Lengthy challenge. Waterproofing the deck of one of the world's longes cable-stayed bridges posed a challange for contractors. In: Bridge Design & Engineering, v. 16, n. 59 (2nd Quarter 2010), pp. 66.
- The Aerodynamic Behaviour of the Deck of Stonecutters Bridge, Hong Kong. In: Structural Engineering International, v. 20, n. 1 (February 2010), pp. 79-90. (2010):
- Aerodynamic Behaviour of Very Long Cable-Stayed Bridges during Construction. Presented at: IABSE Symposium, Large Structures and Infrastructures for Environmentally Constrained and Urbanised Areas, Venice, 22-24 September 2010, pp. 292. :
- A cut above. In: Bridge Update, n. 89 (January 2010), pp. 2.
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update