Chongming North Bridge
|Other name(s):||Shanghai Yangtze River Bridge|
|Completion:||31 October 2009|
Cable-stayed bridge with semi-fan system
Single-cell box girder bridge
|Function / usage:||
Tramway, light or metro rail bridge
|total length||9 970 m|
|deck of approach viaducts||width||2 x 17.700 m|
|girder depth||5.000 m|
|main bridge||main span||730 m|
|total length||1 430 m|
|span lengths||92 m - 258 m - 730 m - 258 m - 92 m|
|total width||51.5 m|
Products, Services & Reports
Modular Expansion Joints can be constructed for any movements, from about 100 mm up to 2,000 mm and more. They allow movements in all 3 directions ...[more]
Relevant Web Sites
- Chongming choice. in Bridge Update, n. 47 (October 2004)
- Great demand and great challenge. presented at Improving Infrastructure Worldwide, IABSE Symposium, Weimar, 19-21.09.2007.
- Cable-Stayed Bridges in Shanghai where Chinese Recent Major Bridges Launched. presented at IABSE Workshop, Recent Major Bridges, Shanghai, May 2009.
- Shanghai showcase. in Bridge Design & Engineering, v. 14, n. 50 (1st Quarter 2008)
- Shanghai Yangtze River Bridge—The Longest Road-cum-Rail Bridge in China. in Structural Engineering International, v. 20, n. 3 (August 2010)
- 730m Main Span Combined Highway and Railway Cable-stayed Bridge. presented at Improving Infrastructure Worldwide, IABSE Symposium, Weimar, 19-21.09.2007.
- Monitoring System Design for Shanghai Yangtze River Bridge under Extreme Environmental Condition. presented at 35th Annual Symposium of IABSE / 52nd Annual Symposium of IASS / 6th International Conference on Space Structures, London, September 2011.
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update