|Other name(s):||Shanghai Yangtze River Bridge|
|Completion:||31 October 2009|
Cable-stayed bridge with semi-fan system
Single-cell box girder bridge
Structurae Plus/Pro - Subscribe Now!
|Function / usage:||
Tramway, light or metro rail bridge
|total length||9 970 m|
|deck of approach viaducts||width||2 x 17.700 m|
|girder depth||5.000 m|
|main span||730 m|
|total length||1 430 m|
|span lengths||92 m - 258 m - 730 m - 258 m - 92 m|
|total width||51.5 m|
Case Studies and Applied Products
Modular Expansion Joints can be constructed for any movements, from about 100 mm up to 2,000 mm and more. They allow movements in all 3 directions and rotations around all 3 axes.[more]
Relevant Web Sites
- (2007): 730m Main Span Combined Highway and Railway Cable-stayed Bridge. Presented at: IABSE Symposium: Improving Infrastructure Worldwide, Weimar, Germany, 19-21 September 2007, pp. 552-553.
- (2009): Cable-Stayed Bridges in Shanghai where Chinese Recent Major Bridges Launched. Presented at: IABSE Workshop: Recent Major Bridges, Shanghai, China, 11-12 May 2009, pp. 201-211.
- Chongming choice. In: Bridge Update, n. 47 (October 2004), pp. 2.
- (2007): Great demand and great challenge. Chinese Major Bridges under Construction for Improving Traffic Infrastructure Nationwide. Presented at: IABSE Symposium: Improving Infrastructure Worldwide, Weimar, Germany, 19-21 September 2007, pp. 6-9.
- Monitoring System Design for Shanghai Yangtze River Bridge under Extreme Environmental Condition. Presented at: 35th Annual Symposium of IABSE / 52nd Annual Symposium of IASS / 6th International Conference on Space Structures: Taller, Longer, Lighter - Meeting growing demand with limited resources, London, United Kingdom, September 2011. (2011):
- About this
- Published on:
- Last updated on: