Pedro and Inês Bridge
|Name in local language:||Ponte Pedro e Inês|
|Beginning of works:||June 2005|
|Completion:||26 September 2006|
|Function / usage:||
Bicycle and pedestrian bridge
Structurae Plus/Pro - Subscribe Now!
Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
|Coordinates:||40° 12' 4.10" N 8° 25' 37.18" W|
|total length||274.5 m|
|span lengths||30.5 m - 64 m - 110 m - 64 m - 6 m|
|height above valley floor or water||10 m|
|deck||deck width||4 m|
composite steel-reinforced concrete
Beginning of construction.
|26 November 2006||
This project was comissioned directly to Structural Engineer Antonio Adao-da-Fonseca, with contract signed with AFAssociados, where Adao da Fonseca was leading partner at the time.
- António Adão-da-Fonseca (designer)
Ove Arup & Partners
- Cecil Balmond (architect)
- Renato Bastos (structural engineer)
Relevant Web Sites
There currently are no relevant websites listed.
- Assessment and control of human-induced vibrations in the new Coimbra footbridge. Presented at: Footbridge 2005 (Second International Congress), Venezia, 06-08 December 2005. (2005):
- Conceptual design of the Coimbra footbridge. Presented at: Footbridge 2005 (Second International Congress), Venezia, 06-08 December 2005. (2005):
- (2015): Continuous dynamic monitoring of lively footbridges. Presented at: IABSE Conference: Structural Engineering: Providing Solutions to Global Challenges, Geneva, Switzerland, September 2015, pp. 1303-1310.
- Design and construction method of the new Coimbra footbridge. Presented at: Footbridge 2005 (Second International Congress), Venezia, 06-08 December 2005. (2005):
- Effectiveness of Horizontal Tuned Mass Dampers Exemplified at the Footbridge in Coimbra. Presented at: Footbridge 2008 - Footbridges for Urban Renewal, Third International Conference on Footbridges, 2-4 July 2008, Porto, Portugal, pp. 311-312. (2008):
- About this
- Published on:
- Last updated on: