• DE
  • EN
  • FR
  • International Database and Gallery of Structures


General Information

Name in local language: Treskowbrücke
Beginning of works: April 1934
Completion: November 1935
Status: in use

Project Type

Structure: Girder bridge
Support conditions:

Function / usage: Road bridge
Material: Steel bridge


Location: , , ,
, , ,
  • Spree River
Replaces: Treskow Bridge (1904)
Coordinates: 52° 27' 36" N    13° 30' 47" E
Show coordinates on a map

Technical Information


main span 78.0 m
width 22.3 m
total length 163 m


deck steel

Excerpt from Wikipedia

The Treskow Bridge (German: Treskowbrücke) is a bridge across the Spree river in Berlin, Germany, connecting the Oberschöneweide and Niederschöneweide districts of Berlin's Treptow-Köpenick borough. It is named after Sigismund von Treskow, an aristocrat and politician from the Treskow family. The bridge was first completed in 1904, although major reconstruction was necessary in 1954 after it was damaged during World War II.


The original structure was constructed after plans by Karl Bernhard, a German architect and engineer, and it was opened in 1904. The elaborate design included a steel arch and monumental features like a lighthouse and grand stairways. It was named upon inauguration and became increasingly frequented due to the surrounding area's rapid development. It was widened in 1934 to accommodate the larger numbers of vehicles passing over the river Spree, resulting in the loss of some of the architectural elements of the first design. In World War II, Wehrmacht troops destroyed the structure to hinder the Red Army from entering Berlin. While creating a lasting obstacle for river traffic in the following years, the destruction of the bridge did not keep the Soviet forces from capturing the city. A wooden pedestrian bridge was erected in 1945 to allow crossings over the river by foot.

During the time of the GDR, the sections of the bridge that were left in the Spree river were removed and reused for the reconstruction of the Treskow Bridge. The repaired bridge was opened in 1954.

The bridge was thoroughly renovated in 1981 and between 1999 and 2001.

Tram usage

Since its inauguration in 1904, Treskow Bridge has been used by trams, being one of the most important river crossings in eastern Berlin. Today, it is frequented by seven lines of the Berlin tram network (21, 27, 37, 60, 61, 67, M17).

Text imported from Wikipedia article "Treskow Bridge" and modified on 7 December 2023 according to the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.



Relevant Web Sites

  • About this
    data sheet
  • Structure-ID
  • Published on:
  • Last updated on:
Structurae cooperates with
International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE)
e-mosty Magazine
e-BrIM Magazine