Arlington County, Virginia, USA
Pentagon Metro Station (1977)
|Coordinates:||38° 52' 15.55" N 77° 3' 21.44" W|
|cost of construction||United States dollar 83 000 000|
|11 September 1941||
|15 January 1943||
|11 September 2001, 09:43||
A hijacked Boeing 757 slams into a section of the Pentagon in an apparent terrorist attack that also destroyed the World Trade Center in New York entirely and at roughly the same time.
|11 June 2002||
Ceremony marks the reconstruction of the façade of the Pentagon's damaged section. The interior structure is still being reconstructed.
Relevant Web Sites
- The 9/11 Commission Report. Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks upon the United States. W.W. Norton, New York (USA), 2004, pp. 567.
- Bush Proposes $6.3 Billion for New York City, $925 Million to Rebuild Pentagon. In: Engineering News Record (18 October 2001). (2001):
- Conclusions and Recommendations from the Pentagon Crash. In: Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities (ASCE), v. 19, n. 3 (August 2005), pp. 220-221. (2005):
- Description of Structural Damage Caused by the Terrorist Attack on the Pentagon. In: Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities (ASCE), v. 19, n. 3 (August 2005), pp. 197-205. (2005):
- Landmarks in American Civil Engineering History. In: Civil Engineering Magazine, v. 72, n. 11-12 (November - December 2002). (2002):
- About this
- Published on:
- Last updated on: