Rome, Roma, Lazio, Italy
|Coordinates:||41° 53' 30.65" N 12° 29' 17.68" E|
|side aisles||width||16 m|
Products, Services & Reports
The Basilica of Maxentius is located on the border of Rome's Forum Romanum. The structure was built from approximately 307 to 313 AD on an area tha ...[more]
Probably mostly collapsed in an earthquake although this may also only have happed in 1349 during another major earthquake.
Finished with modifications by Constantine after the death of Maxentius in 312 A.D.
Relevant Web Sites
- The Basilica of Maxentius in Rome. Innovative Solutions int he Organisation of Construction Process. Presented at: Second International Congress on Construction History, Queens' College, Cambridge University; 29/03-02/04/2006, pp. 167-178. (2006):
- Concrete Vaulted Construction in Imperial Rome. Innovations in Context. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (United Kingdom), pp. 36-37, 137-138, 197-198. :
- The Deformations of the Barrel Vaults of the Basilica of Maxentius. Presented at: 35th Annual Symposium of IABSE / 52nd Annual Symposium of IASS / 6th International Conference on Space Structures, London, September 2011. (2011):
- On the As-Built Geometry of the Vaultes of the Basilica of Maxentius. Presented at: Fourth International Congress on Construction History, Paris, 3-7 July 2012, pp. 299-306. (2012):
- Roman Imperial Architecture. Yale University Press, New Haven (USA), pp. 426-428. (1981):
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update