• de
  • en
  • fr
  • International Database and Gallery of Structures

Stádlec Chain Bridge

General Information

Name in local language: Stádlecký most
Beginning of works: 1847
Completion: 1848
Status: in use

Project Type

Structure: Chain suspension bridge
Function / usage: Road bridge

Location

Location: , ,
Crosses:
  • Luznice
Coordinates: 49° 22' 2.20" N    14° 30' 52.95" E

Technical Information

Dimensions

main span 86.26 m
width 6 m
total length 157 m

Materials

chains iron
pylons stone
deck flooring wood

Chronology

1847
- 1848

Constructed by South Bohemian industrialist Vojtech Lanna. It originally connects the banks of the Vltava river near the village Podolí on the Tabor-Pisek Road.

1942

Construction of the Podolí Bridge nearby.

1960

After construction of the Orlík Dam and the creation of the retenue lake, the bridge is dismantled and the pieces are stored.

25 May 1975

The bridge is re-opened after having been rebuilt at its present location. The bridge replaces a ferry across the Luznice.

Participants

Design

Relevant Web Sites

  • About this
    data sheet
  • Structure-ID
    20013575
  • Date created
    30/09/2004
  • Last Update
    09/10/2017