Miami Marine Stadium
|Other name(s):||Ralph Munroe Marine Stadium|
|Completion:||27 December 1963|
|Status:||out of service|
Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida, USA
Hipódromo de la Zarzuela (1935)
The stadium is located on Virginia Key in Hobie Island Beach Park.
|Coordinates:||25° 44' 34.28" N 80° 10' 11.62" W|
|cost of construction||United States dollar 2 000 000|
|27 December 1963||
The stadium opens as the first purpose-built stadium for powerboat racing in the United States.
|18 September 1992||
The Stadium is closed after Hurricane Andrew because the Miami-Dade County building code deems it unsafe for use.
Relevant Web Sites
- Abandoned Playgrounds: The Abandoned Giant Graffiti Paradise of Miami Marine Stadium
- AIA: Structure and Sculpture Under Construction: Hilario Candela’s, FAIA, Miami Marine Stadium
- Architect Magazine: Mining the Miami Marine Stadium: 'Concrete Paradise' at Coral Gables Museum
- Curbed: The Creation Of the Eternal Miami Marine Stadium
- Wikipedia: Miami Marine Stadium
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update