|Function / usage:||
There currently is no technical data available.
Excerpt from Wikipedia
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is a mostly indoors amusement park on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. It is the first Ferrari-branded theme park and has the record for the largest space frame structure ever built. Formula Rossa, the world's fastest roller coaster, is also located here.
The foundation stone for the park was laid on 3 November 2007. It took three years to develop the park and it officially opened to the public on 4 November 2010. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi covers an area of 86,000 square metres. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi was named the "Middle East's Leading Tourist Attraction" at the World Travel Awards 2015 & 2016. In 2017 and 2018, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi was named as the "Middle East's Leading Theme Park" at the World Travel Awards, as well as the Middle East's Best Theme Park by the Middle East and North Africa Leisure and Attraction Council (MENALAC) for 2018, in addition to receiving the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2017.
Awards and nominations
- Best Commercial, Office, Retail Future Development, Cityscape Abu Dhabi, 2010.
- Best International Leisure Development, International Property Award and Bloomberg, 2010.
- CIAT Open Award for Technical Excellence in Architectural Technology, The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT), 2010.
- Overall GCC Project of the Year 2010, MEP Middle East Awards, 2010.
- 2011 Brass Ring (Best new product, show production and entertainment displays and sets), IAAPA, 2011.
- Excellence in Live Design Award (ShowTex Middle East for Ferrari World Grand Opening), Live Design Magazine, 2011.
- Gold Winner designation for Best Permanent Exhibition, Event Design Award by Event Design Magazine, 2011.
- Hospitality & Leisure Project of the Year, Middle East Architect Awards 2011, 2011.
- Most Innovative Retail & Leisure Concept of the Year Award, Global Retail and Leisure International Awards, 2011.
- PALME award - Best A/V solution in a commercial development, PALME Middle East, 2011.
- PALME award - Best 3D projection of the year (Speed of magic), PALME Middle East, 2011.
- Project Excellence Award, IPMA – NL, 2011.
- Best Theme Park in the UAE, Hospitality India, 2013.
- Best Sports Show Performance Act, Brass Ring Live Entertainment Excellence, Mission Ferrari Show, IAAPA, 2015.
- Middle East's Leading Tourist Attraction 2015, World Travel Awards, 2015.
- Favourite Italian Restaurant Under 400 Dhs, Mamma Rossella, What's On Awards Abu Dhabi, 2015.
- Middle East's Leading Tourist Attraction 2016, World Travel Awards, 2016.
- Favourite Italian Restaurant Under 400 Dhs, Mamma Rossella, What's On Awards Abu Dhabi, 2016.
- Middle East's Leading Theme Park 2017, World Travel Awards, 2017.
- Middle East's Leading Theme Park 2018, World Travel Awards, 2018.
- 2018 Middle East's Best Theme Park, Middle East and North Africa Leisure and Attraction Council (MENALAC)
Relevant Web Sites
- Ferrari World, Passion for Structural and Cladding Engineering. Presented at: IABSE Symposium, Large Structures and Infrastructures for Environmentally Constrained and Urbanised Areas, Venice, 22-24 September 2010, pp. 540-541. (2010):
- About this
- Published on:
- Last updated on: