• DE
  • EN
  • FR
  • International Database and Gallery of Structures


Chapelle du collège de Dormans-Beauvais

General Information

Completion: 1375
Status: in use

Project Type

Structure: Rib vault
Function / usage: Church
Architectural style: Gothic


Location: , , ,
Address: 9bis, rue Jean-de-Beauvais
Coordinates: 48° 50' 58.18" N    2° 20' 50.09" E
Show coordinates on a map

Technical Information

There currently is no technical data available.

Excerpt from Wikipedia

The College of Beauvais (also known the College of Dormans-Beauvais) was in Paris in what is now the Rue Jean de Beauvais. At the end of the 17th century and at the beginning of the 18th century, it was one of the leading schools of France, educating pupils whose parents were prominent in the French establishment.


The college was founded in 1370 by Jean de Dormans, Bishop of Beauvais and Chancellor of France. The Midsummer's Day Hall which remains standing today, was built in 1375 by Raymond du Temple, architect of Charles V of France. Later in 1381 he designed further buildings of the college.

In 1699, historian Charles Rollin was appointed principal of the Collège de Beauvais. He was succeeded in 1712 by Charles Coffin.

Alumni of the College of Beauvais include Jean Racine, Nicolas Boileau, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Charles Perrault, Cyrano de Bergerac and Claude Nicolas Ledoux etc.

Text imported from Wikipedia article "Collège de Beauvais" and modified on 23 July 2019 under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.



Relevant Web Sites

Relevant Publications

  • About this
    data sheet
  • Structure-ID
  • Published on:
  • Last updated on:
Structurae cooperates with
International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE)
e-mosty Magazine
e-BrIM Magazine