|Function / usage:||
Pedestrian bridge (footbridge)
Over the Galana river near the Sala Gate to Tsavo Park, 80km west of Malindi and 16km east of the ADC river crossing in in eastern Kenya
|Coordinates:||3° 5' 17.08" S 39° 28' 49.06" E|
This project represents the first application of the Helvetas Nepal BBLL (Bridge Building at the Local Level) N-Type suspension bridge outside of the Himalayan region.
The bridge was built entirely using hand tools, diesel powered generator/welder, diesel powered concrete mixer, abney level, builder's level; all concrete was placed by hand and all excavation was done using hand tools only.
- Chris Rollins (project engineer)
- Robert Groeli (consultant)
- Sylvester Ouko (construction supervisor)
- Harmon Parker (project manager)
Relevant Web Sites
There currently are no relevant websites listed.
- Leap of faith. A style of footbridge first developed for use in the Himalayan region has now been adapted for a project in Kenya. In: Bridge Design & Engineering, v. 15, n. 56 (3rd Quarter 2009), pp. 38, 40.
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update