American civil and structural engineer, professor of civil engineering at Princeton University.
|Name:||David P. Billington|
|Born on||1 June 1927 in Bryn Mawr, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, USA, North America|
|Deceased on||25 March 2018 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, USA, North America|
|Place(s) of activity:|
B.S.E., Princeton University.
|1950 - 1952||
Fulbright Fellowship and Renewal in Belgium for Studying Post-War Innovations in Bridge Construction and Prestressed Concrete
|1952 - 1960||
With Roberts and Schaefer Company, Consulting Engineers.
|1958 - 1960||
Visiting Lecturer, Princeton University
|1960 - 1964||
Associate Professor of Civil Engineering and Operations Research, Princeton University
Teacher in the School of Architecture, Princeton University.
Professor of in the department of Civil Engineering and Operations Research (later Civil and Environmental Engineeting) at Princeton University.
ASCE History and Heritage Award
Elected to the National Academy of Engineering.
Charles A. Dana Award for Pioneering Achievements in Higher Education
George Winter Award, American Society of Civil Engineers
Notes & Comments
Gorden Y.S. Wu Professor of Engineering at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Princeton University.
- Aesthetics and Economy in Pedestrian Bridge Design. In: International Journal of Space Structures, v. 22, n. 1 (March 2007), pp. 81-89. (2007):
- Aesthetics and ethics in pedestrian bridge design. Presented at: Footbridge 2005 (Second International Congress), Venezia, 06-08 December 2005. (2005):
- Analysis of Seismic Failure in Skew RC Bridge. In: Journal of Structural Engineering (ASCE), v. 117, n. 3 (March 1991), pp. 972-986. (1991):
- Anton Tedesko and the Introduction of Thin Shell Concrete Roofs in the United States. In: Journal of Structural Engineering (ASCE), v. 130, n. 11 (November 2004), pp. 1639-1650. (2004):
- Amman's First Bridge: A Study in Engineering, Politics and Entrepreneurial Behavior. In: Technology and Culture, v. 35, n. 3 (July 1994), pp. 537-570. (1994):
- Eminent Structural Engineer: David P. Billington (1927–2018). Inspiring Generations Through the Integration of Engineering and Art. In: Structural Engineering International, v. 29, n. 1 (January 2019), pp. 175-178. (2019):
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update