|Other name(s):||"The Three Bridges"|
First mention of a wooden bridge at the site (called "Old Bridge"). When another bridge is built about 180 meters upstream, that bridge is called "Upper Bridge" and the bridge on this site "Lower Bridge".
The Lower Bridge is completely rebuilt after the wooden bridge is destroyed by fire.
Italian architect Giovanni Picco is commissioned to construct a new bridge as the one built 200 years earlier is in a poor state of repair. This bridge forms the center of today's Tromostovje Bridge. It is called Francev most (Frantz's Bridge) in the honor of Archduke Karl Frantz.
A sever earthquake damages many structures in Ljubjana, but Frantz's Bridge remains undamaged.
|Beginning in 1916||
The slopes of the Ljubljanica River are secured with stone and concrete to prevent flooding. The works are started by the Austro-Hungarian Empire and continued in 1918 by the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes, later renamed to Kingdom of Yugoslavia.
Joze Pleznik is commissioned to widen the bridge that had by then become a traffic bottleneck due to the tramway line crossing on it and increased car traffic. It is his idea not to replace the bridge but to add two pedestrian bridges on either side of it.
The widening of the bridge is completed according to Pleznik's design.