New Tacoma Narrows Bridge
|Function / usage:||
Motorway bridge / freeway bridge
Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, USA
Tacoma Narrows Bridge (1950)
|Coordinates:||47° 16' 3.58" N 122° 33' 2.91" W|
|main span||853.44 m|
|total length||1 645.92 m|
|pylon||pylon height||155.45 m|
|cost of construction||United States dollar 849 000 000|
|15 July 2007||
|16 July 2007||
Opening to traffic.
The bridge will be built at the location of the original Tacoma Narrows Bridge next to the one that replaced it ten years after it collapsed.
Towers and caissons designed for second deck (either road or light rail) to be added in the future.
- David Climie (project manager)
Relevant Web Sites
There currently are no relevant websites listed.
- Tacoma schedule hit by wire delays in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 2nd Quarter 2006, n. 43 v. 12
- Swan delivers Tacoma deck in "Bridge Update", June 2006, n. 60
- Deck lift begins on Tacoma Narrows in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 3rd Quarter 2006, n. 44 v. 12
- Timely expansion in "Bridge Update", July 2007, n. 69
- Tacoma Replacement Span Will Cost More Than Estimated in "Engineering News Record", 10 April 2000
- Catastrophe to Triumph, Washington State University Press, Seattle (USA), ISBN 0874222893
- Wire problems will not affect Tacoma schedule, says TNC in "Bridge Update", January 2006, n. 57
- Tacoma gears up for cable-spinning in "Bridge Update", September 2005, n. 54
- The New Tacoma Narrows Bridge - From Inception to Opening in "Structural Engineering International", February 2008, n. 1 v. 18
- Wind tunnel testing of the parallel Tacoma Narrows Bridges presented at Steelbridge 2004, Millau, 23-25 June 2004.
- Bridges - Ponts - Brücken, Atrium, Mexico City (Mexico), ISBN 8495692619, 2002; pp. 30-33
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update