• DE
  • EN
  • FR
  • Base de données et galerie internationale d'ouvrages d'art et du génie civil

Publicité

Data-Driven Model for the Prediction of Total Dissolved Gas: Robust Artificial Intelligence Approach

Auteur(s):



Médium: article de revue
Langue(s): en 
Publié dans: Advances in Civil Engineering, , v. 2020
Page(s): 1-20
DOI: 10.1155/2020/6618842
Abstrait:

Saturated total dissolved gas (TDG) is recently considered as a serious issue in the environmental engineering field since it stands behind the reasons for increasing the mortality rates of fish and aquatic organisms. The accurate and more reliable prediction of TDG has a very significant role in preserving the diversity of aquatic organisms and reducing the phenomenon of fish deaths. Herein, two machine learning approaches called support vector regression (SVR) and extreme learning machine (ELM) have been applied to predict the saturated TDG% at USGS 14150000 and USGS 14181500 stations which are located in the USA. For the USGS 14150000 station, the recorded samples from 13 October 2016 to 14 March 2019 (75%) were used for training set, and the rest from 15 March 2019 to 13 October 2019 (25%) were used for testing requirements. Similarly, for USGS 14181500 station, the hourly data samples which covered the period from 9 June 2017 till 11 March 2019 were used for calibrating the models and from 12 March 2019 until 9 October 2019 were used for testing the predictive models. Eight input combinations based on different parameters have been established as well as nine statistical performance measures have been used for evaluating the accuracy of adopted models, for instance, not limited, correlation of determination (R2), mean absolute relative error (MAE), and uncertainty at 95% (U95). The obtained results of the study for both stations revealed that the ELM managed efficiently to estimate the TDG in comparison to SVR technique. For USGS 14181500 station, the statistical measures for ELM (SVR) were, respectively, reported as R2 of 0.986 (0.986), MAE of 0.316 (0.441), and U95 of 3.592 (3.869). Lastly, for USGS 14181500 station, the statistical measures for ELM (SVR) were, respectively, reported as R2 of 0.991 (0.991), MAE of 0.338 (0.396), and U95 of 0.832 (0.837). In addition, ELM’s training process computational time is stated to be much shorter than that of SVM. The results also showed that the temperature parameter was the most significant variable that influenced TDG relative to the other parameters. Overall, the proposed model (ELM) proved to be an appropriate and efficient computer-assisted technology for saturated TDG modeling that will contribute to the basic knowledge of environmental considerations.

Copyright: © Mohamed Khalid AlOmar et al. et al.
License:

Cette oeuvre a été publiée sous la license Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC-BY 4.0). Il est autorisé de partager et adapter l'oeuvre tant que l'auteur est crédité et la license est indiquée (avec le lien ci-dessus). Vous devez aussi indiquer si des changements on été fait vis-à-vis de l'original.

  • Informations
    sur cette fiche
  • Reference-ID
    10535965
  • Publié(e) le:
    01.01.2021
  • Modifié(e) le:
    19.02.2021