World Trade Center (New York)
|Function / usage:||
There currently is no technical data available.
Site excavation begins.
|5 August 1966||
Steel erection begins.
First tenants move into One World Trade Center.
First tenants move into Two World Trade Center.
|4 April 1973||
World Trade Center is dedicated.
|26 February 1993, 12:28||
Islamic terrorists detonate a bomb in the parking basements of One World Trade Center causing 6 deaths and more than 1000 injuries; tower remains closed for one month.
|11 September 2001, 08:45||
A hijacked Boeing 767 by American Airlines crashes into One World Trade Center in an apparent terrorist attack.
|11 September 2001, 09:03||
Another hijacked airplane, a United Airlines Boeing 767, crashes into Two World Trade Center causing a severe explosion.
|11 September 2001, 09:50||
Two World Trade Center collapses. Crushes Three and Four World Trade Center.
|11 September 2001, 10:29||
One World Trade Center collapses. Five and Six World Trade Center are severely damaged.
|11 September 2001, 16:10||
Seven World Trade Center is reported to have caught fire.
|11 September 2001, 17:20||
Seven World Trade Center collapses after burning for seven hours.
|29 September 2001||
Four World Trade Center is torn down.
|30 May 2002, 10:29||
In an official ceremony, the last column remaining from the World Trade Center rubble is removed and the cleanup work at ground zero is formally completed. The official death toll of the destruction of the world trade center is set at 2 823 dead. The remains of 1 731 victims were never recovered.
|16 July 2002||
Six concepts are presented by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey as well as the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. for the reconstruction of the World Trade Center site.
Relevant Web Sites
- Architectural Record: World Trade Center Coverage
- BBC News: How the World Trade Center fell
- BBC News: World Trade Disaster
- Building Conservation Technology: 11 September 2001
- CNN: Ceremony to close 'Ground Zero' cleanup (30.05.02)
- CNN: Chronology: The day after
- CNN: September 11: Chronology of terror
- CNN: Specials: Day of Terror
- CNN: Specials: Recovery
- CNN: Tod Rittenhouse: Why the World Trade Center collapsed
- CNN: What Will Replace the World Trade Center (19.11.2001)
- CNN: WTC leased to Silverstein, Westfield
- Dan Heller Photography: World Trade Center
- FEMA: World Trade Center Performance Study
- National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States
- New York's World Trade Center: A Living Archive
- NIST and the World Trade Center
- PBS: America Rebuilds - A Year at Ground Zero
- PennState: Architectural Engineering: The World Trade Center and Pentagon Tragedy
- Steve Spak: World Trade Center 9/11
- USA Today: Catastrophic Collapse
- The World Trade Center - A Modern Marvel 1973-2001.(DVD), 2002
- The 9/11 Commission Report., W.W. Norton, New York (USA), ISBN 0-393-32671-3, 2004
- World Trade Center Remembered., Abbeville Press, Inc, ISBN 0789207648, 2001
- Catastrophe du World Trade Center. in Le Moniteur des Travaux Publics et du Bâtiment, n. 5104 (21 September 2001)
- Divided We Stand. (1st edition), Basic Books, ISBN 0465017274, 2001
- Quel avenir pour Ground Zero?. in Le Moniteur des Travaux Publics et du Bâtiment, n. 5154 (6 September 2002)
- World Trade Center Building Performance Study., Federal Emergency Management Agency, New York (USA)
- Twin Towers., Rutgers University Press, Newark (USA), ISBN 0813527422, 1999
- The World Trade Center., ISBN 0762413158, 2001
- Bush Proposes $6.3 Billion for New York City, $925 Million to Rebuild Pentagon. in Engineering News Record (18 October 2001)
- Le "World Trade Center" de New York, le bâtiment le plus élevé du monde. in Acier = Stahl = Steel, v. 35 (June 1970)
- World Trade Center. in L'acier pour construire, n. 71 (November 2001)
- World Trade Center., K. Müller Verlag, Cologne (Germany), ISBN 3898930114, 2002
- Intelligent Uses of Engineering and the Legitimacy of State Power. in Technology and Culture, v. 44, n. 4 (October 2003)
- L'art de l'ingénieur., Éditions du Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris (France), ISBN 2858509115, 1997; pp. 545-547
- No Code Changes Recommended In World Trade Center Report. in Engineering News Record (15 April 2002)
- WTC's 'Bathtub' Stabilization Is More Than 70% Complete. in Engineering News Record (1 April 2002)
- Debris Mountain Starts To Shrink. in Engineering News Record (1 October 2001)
- Massive Assault Doomed Towers. in Engineering News Record (17 September 2001)
- September Eleventh: The Days After, The Days Ahead. in Civil Engineering Magazine, v. 71, n. 11 (November 2001)
- Sometime Lofty Towers., BrownTrout Publishers, ISBN 0763154725, 2001
- Bechtel Won't Run WTC Cleanup But Project Changes Still Loom. in Engineering News Record (17 December 2001)
- Award of Excellence Winner: Michael Burton. in Engineering News Record (22 April 2002)
- WTC Pushes the Envelope. in Engineering News Record (18 March 2002)
- An End And A Start At Ground Zero. in Engineering News Record (10 June 2002)
- WTC Cleanup Agency Begins Ramping Up Operations. in Engineering News Record, n. 26 (27 June 1946)
- World Trade Center. Les leçons techniques de la catastrophe. in Le Moniteur des Travaux Publics et du Bâtiment, n. 5154 (6 September 2002)
- World Trade Center., Silver Dolphin, ISBN 9685308942, 2002
- World Trade Center., Metro Books, ISBN 158663612X, 2002
- World Trade Center: Les tours qui défiaient le ciel., Hazan, Paris (France), ISBN 2850258261, 2002
- Le World Trade Center de New York. in La Technique des Travaux, v. 47, n. 1-2 (January 1971)
- What happened IX XI MMI. in Bouwen met Staal (October 2001)
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update