South Shields, Tyne and Wear, North East England, England, United Kingdom
|Coordinates:||54° 58' 13.73" N 1° 21' 50.74" W|
|9 June 1869||
The foundation stone is ceremonially laid by the sister of Admiral Collison.
The lighthouse is closed though the tower still serves as a radio navigation beacon.
First electrically fired lighthouse in England.
- James Douglass (designer)
Relevant Web Sites
There currently are no relevant websites listed.
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update