Liverpool, Merseyside, North West England, England, United Kingdom
|Coordinates:||53° 23' 51.00" N 2° 58' 23.00" W|
|total length||188.67 m|
|choir||height to key of vault||35.36 m|
|crossing tower||height||100.89 m|
|height to key of vault||53.34 m|
|nave||height to key of vault||36.58 m|
A design is submitted by Giles Gilbert Scott and he and George Bodley are appointed joint architects.
|19 July 1904||
King Edward IV lays the foundation stone.
|29 June 1910||
Lady Chapel is completed as first part of the cathedral. It is dedicated by Bishop Chavasse and Cosmo Long, Archbishop of York.
Consecration in the presence of King George V and Queen Mary.
|20 February 1942||
Sir Giles Scott places the final stone on the final finial at the top of the tower.
|22 April 1961||
The nave bridge and the first bay are completed.
|17 June 1971||
At Town Hall a decisision is taken to build a worthy cathedral for the City of Liverpool.
|25 October 1978||
Queen Elizabeth II attends a thanksgiving service to mark the completion of the cathedral.