Hales Bar Dam
|Completion:||11 November 1913|
|Function / usage:||
Hydroelectric dam / plant
Nickajack Dam (1967)
|Coordinates:||35° 2' 48.00" N 85° 32' 22.00" W|
|crest length||706 m|
Hales Bar Dam was built on what was found to be very pourous rock strata. The revervior didn't hold a pool very well, and the lock and dam were subsequently decomissioned and removed. The powerhouse remains standing but abandoned. Replaced by the Tennessee Valley Authority's Nickajack Dam several miles downstream.
Currently there is no information available about persons or companies having participated in this project.
Relevant Web Sites
- Arrêt des infiltrations sur le barrage de Hales Bar. In: Travaux, n. 148 (February 1947), pp. 59.
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update