Self-anchored suspension bridges
Suspension bridge type where the suspension cable is anchored in the bridge deck and not in an anchroage block or in rock.
Most Important Structures in this Category
- entry with pictures
- new entry (30 days)
- updated entry (14 days)
|1||San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge (East)||USA||385 m|
|2||Pingsheng Bridge||China||350 m|
|3||Yeongjong Grand Bridge||South Korea||300 m|
|4||Konohana Bridge||Japan||300 m|
|6||Jiangdong Bridge||China||260 m|
|7||Jiaozhou Bay Bridge||China||260 m|
|8||Sorok Bridge||South Korea||250 m|
|9||Rheinbrücke Krefeld-Uerdingen||Germany||250 m|
|10||Jiajiang Bridge||China||248 m|
- Pont suspendu à encrage intérieur dans le Missouri. In Ossature métallique, v. 3 (March 1934)
- Configuration analysis of a self-anchored suspension bridge. Presented at Long-Span and High-Rise Structures, IABSE Symposium, Kobe, 1998.
- Die Yong Jong Grand-Brücke in Korea, eine Hängebrücke mit vielen Besonderheiten. In Stahlbau, v. 67, n. 7 (July 1998)
- Curved Cable Stayed and Suspension Pedestrian Bridges. Presented at 4th International Conference Footbridge 2011, 6-8 July 2011, Wroclaw, Poland.
- Decision Method on Reasonable Design State of Self-Anchored Suspension Bridge with Spatial Cables. Presented at IABSE Symposium, Large Structures and Infrastructures for Environmentally Constrained and Urbanised Areas, Venice, 22-24 September 2010.
- Analysis for Initial Equilibrium Condition and Erection Stages of Sorok(Self-Anchored Suspension)Bridge. Presented at 17th IABSE Congress, Creating and Renewing Urban Structures – Tall Buildings, Bridges and Infrastructure, Chicago, September 17-19, 2008.
China (2009) , added on 24/01/2017
Netherlands (2006) , added on 11/01/2017
Poland , added on 13/11/2016
Germany , modified on 16/10/2017
Germany (1992) , modified on 20/09/2017
- Spain (2009) , modified on 13/07/2017