Architect and urban designer
|Place(s) of activity:|
Born in Guatemala.
Diploma in Architecture from the Universidad Francisco Marroquin in Guatemala City
Master of Science in Architectural Studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Notes & Comments
Architect and urban designer Miguel Rosales, is president of Rosales + Partners, Boston, Massachusetts. Mr. Rosales has over twenty-five years of experience as a leading bridge architect for major infrastructure projects in the United States and abroad.
Prior to forming Rosales + Partners, Mr. Rosales served as the lead architect and urban designer for the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge. Mr. Rosales helped to develop the innovative cable-stayed bridge and guide it through a complex public participation process. His major completed bridge projects include the Woodrow Wilson Memorial Bridge over the Potomac River in Washington D.C.; the Phyllis Tilley Memorial Pedestrian Bridge over the Trinity River in Fort Worth, Texas; the Liberty Bridge in Greenville, South Carolina, and the Christina and John Markey Memorial Pedestrian Bridge in Revere, Massachusetts. Current projects include the Ohio River East End Bridge in Louisville, Kentucky; the North Coast Harbor Pedestrian Bridge in Cleveland, Ohio; the restoration of the historic Longfellow Bridge in Boston, Massachusetts; The Trinity River Vision Bridges in Fort Worth, Texas; the Esplanade Pedestrian Bridge in Boston, Massachusetts, and the North Washington Street Bridge replacement in Boston, Massachusetts.
Mr. Rosales is recognized internationally as an expert on bridge aesthetics and design. Born in Guatemala in 1961, Mr. Rosales received a Diploma in Architecture from the Universidad Francisco Marroquin in Guatemala City in 1985. In 1987, he completed a Master of Science in Architectural Studies at MIT. He has received grants from the NEA, AIA/AAF, and MIT to research bridge and infrastructure design and is the recipient of several awards including a 1993 Young Architects Design Award from Progressive Architecture magazine.
Miguel Rosales is a registered architect in Massachusetts, Iowa, Illinois, Texas and New York.
Structures and Projects
Participation in the following structures & large-scale projects:
- Botanical Center Bridge - Rosales Gottemoeller & Associates
- Central Artery/Tunnel Project
- Christina and John Markey Memorial Pedestrian Bridge - Rosales + Partners
- Frances Appleton Bridge - Rosales + Partners
- George Washington Carver Bridge
- Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge
- Liberty Bridge - Rosales Gottemoeller & Associates
- Phyllis J. Tilley Memorial Bridge - Rosales + Partners
- Puente Centenario
- Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge
- Woodrow Wilson Bridge
- Moody Pedestrian Bridge - Rosales + Partners
- Moody Pedestrian Bridge. University of Texas in Austin, TX, US. Presented at: Footbridge 2017 Berlin - Tell A Story, 6-8.9.2017, Technische Universität Berlin (TU Berlin). (2017):
- Phyllis J. Tilley Memorial Bridge. Presented at: Footbridge 2014 - Past, Present & Future, London, 16-18 July 2014. (2014):
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update