Frank L. Stahl
|Name:||Frank L. Stahl|
|Born on||29 January 1920 in Fürth, Bavaria, Germany, Europe|
|Place(s) of activity:|
|1938 - 1939||
Begins his studies at the ETH in Zurich, but due to the outbreak of World War II he is interned for two years in a labor camp. After being released he works in an engineer's office and attends an evening school to obtain his engineer's degree.
Graduates from the Abend-Technikum in Zurich.
Begins to work for Ammann & Whitney.
|1955 - 1967||
Project engineer at Amman & Whitney.
|1968 - 1976||
Associate at Amman & Whitney.
|1977 - 1981||
Senior Associate at Amman & Whitney.
|1978 - 1983||
ASTM Vice-Chairman Committee A1 on Steel (1971-1982 Chairman of the subcommitte on steel reinforcement).
ASTM Award of Merit.
|1982 - 1993||
Chief engineer at Amman & Whitney.
ASCE Innovation in Civil Engineering Award of Merit.
James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation Gold Award.
AISC Prize Bridge, Category Reconstruction, for Golden Gate Bridge deck replacement.
IBC John A. Roebling Medal for lifetime achievement in bridge engineering.
Structures and Projects
- Quality Control of Structural Steel(technical report), 1968
- Williamsburg Bridge Cable Replacement presented at Infrastructure-Repairs and Inspection, 1987.
- Golden Gate Bridge - Performance Under Wind Loading presented at Structures Congress XIII, Boston, Massachusetts, 2-5.4.1995.
- Quality Controls for Steel Construction in "Civil Engineering Magazine", October 1965, n. 10 v. 35
- Long-Span Suspension BridgesAnnals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 12/1980, v. 352
- Williamsburg Bridge - Load Test presented at 5th Annual International Bridge Conference, 1988, Paper IBC 88-15.
- Golden Gate Bridge: Deck Investigation in "Journal of the Technical Councils of ASCE", April 1981, n. 1 v. 107; pp. 101-116
- Investigations of Fractures in the Anchorages of the Triborough Bridge presented at 10th Annual International Bridge Conference, 1993, Paper IBC 93-39.
- Orthotropic Steel Plates for Bridge Deck ReplacementASTM STP 1100, 1990
- Seismic Retrofit of the Golden Gate Bridge presented at 7th Annual Bridge Conference, 1990, Paper IBC 90-58.
- Cable Systems Investigations ot Improve Corrosion Protection for the Akashi-Kaikyo Bridge presented at 9th Annual International Bridge Conference, 1992, Paper IBC 92-10.
- Throgs Neck Bridge: Why did its deck deteriorate? in "Civil Engineering Magazine", July 1983, n. 7 v. 53
- Rehabilitation of the Royal Gorge Bridge presented at 7th Annual International Bridge Conference, 1990, Paper IBC 90-54..
- Verrazano Narrows Bridge: Fabrication and Construction of Superstructure of Bridge Proper presented at ASCE Structural Engineering Conference and Annual Meeting, 19-23.10.1964.
- Golden Gate Bridge - Report of the Chief Engineer [Vol. II], San Francisco (Etats-Unis), 2007
- Structural Steel in Large Bridge ConstructionASTM Standardization News, 09/1983
- The Golden Gate BridgeAnnals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 12/1980, v. 352
- Bridge RehabilitationJournal of the Boston Society of Civil Engineers Section [ASCE] v. 5, n. 2, 1990
- Cable Corrosion in Bridges and Other Structures, ASCE Press, New York (USA), ISBN 0784400148, 1996; pp. 225
- Golden Gate Bridge Deck ReplacementThe Welding Innovation Quarterly, Summer 1986
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update