Frank L. Stahl
|Name:||Frank L. Stahl|
|Born on||29 January 1920 in Fürth, Bavaria, Germany, Europe|
|Deceased on||17 April 2011 in Sandy Springs, Fulton County, Georgia, USA, North America|
|Place(s) of activity:|
|1938 - 1939||
Begins his studies at the ETH in Zurich, but due to the outbreak of World War II he is interned for two years in a labor camp. After being released he works in an engineer's office and attends an evening school to obtain his engineer's degree.
Graduates from the Abend-Technikum in Zurich.
Begins to work for Ammann & Whitney.
|1955 - 1967||
Project engineer at Amman & Whitney.
|1968 - 1976||
Associate at Amman & Whitney.
|1977 - 1981||
Senior Associate at Amman & Whitney.
|1978 - 1983||
ASTM Vice-Chairman Committee A1 on Steel (1971-1982 Chairman of the subcommitte on steel reinforcement).
ASTM Award of Merit.
|1982 - 1993||
Chief engineer at Amman & Whitney.
ASCE Innovation in Civil Engineering Award of Merit.
James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation Gold Award.
AISC Prize Bridge, Category Reconstruction, for Golden Gate Bridge deck replacement.
IBC John A. Roebling Medal for lifetime achievement in bridge engineering.
|Beginning in 1994||
Structures and Projects
- Golden Gate Bridge - Report of the Chief Engineer [Vol. II]. San Francisco (USA). (2007):
- Orthotropic Steel Plates for Bridge Deck Replacement. In: ASTM STP 1100, 1990. :
- Bridge Rehabilitation. In: Journal of the Boston Society of Civil Engineers Section [ASCE] v. 5, n. 2, 1990. :
- Golden Gate Bridge Deck Replacement. In: The Welding Innovation Quarterly, Summer 1986. :
- Structural Steel in Large Bridge Construction. In: ASTM Standardization News, 09/1983. :
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update