Emily Warrren Roebling
|Name:||Emily Warrren Roebling|
|Born on||23 September 1843 in Cold Spring, Putnam County, New York, USA, North America|
|Deceased on||28 February 1903 in Trenton, Mercer County, New Jersey, USA, North America|
|Daughter-in-law of||John A. Roebling|
|Wife of||Washington Roebling|
|18 January 1865||
Married to Washington Roebling.
After Washington A. Roebling succumbs to caisson disease, Emily Roebling begins to supervise the construction of the Brooklyn Bridge
At the opening of the Brooklyn Bridge, President Chester Arthur and Emily W. Roebling ride together across the bridge.
Presented to Queen Victoria in London.
Obtains a law degree from New York University.
Structures and Projects
Participation in the following structures & large-scale projects:
- Brooklyn Bridge - John A. Roebling's Sons Company
- Silent Builder. Emily Warren Roebling and the Brooklyn Bridge. Associated Faculty Press. (1984):
- The Great Bridge. The Epic Story of the Building of the Brooklyn Bridge. Touchstone/Simon & Schuster, New York (USA), pp. 636. (1982):
- The Builders of the Bridge. The Story of John Roebling and His Son. 2nd edition, Harcourt, Brace and Co., New York (USA). (1950):
- Engineers of Dreams. Great Bridge Builders and The Spanning of America. Vintage Books, New York (USA), pp. 359-60. (1995):
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update