Cable-stayed bridge with semi-fan system
|Function / usage:||
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
|Coordinates:||31° 46' 44.00" N 120° 59' 42.00" E|
|main span||1 088 m|
|total length||8 146 m|
|main bridge||length||2088 m|
|span lengths||2 x 100 m - 300 m - 1 088 m - 300 m - 2 x 100 m|
|pylons||height from foundation level||304.4 m|
|cost of construction||United States dollar 750 000 000|
|1 June 2007||
The central segment of the deck is lifted into place.
- Architectural Design & Research Institute of Tongji University
- China Highway Planning and Design Institute Consultants
- Jiangsu Province Communications Planning and Design Institute
Wind tunnel testing
- Civil Engineering Institute of Southwest Jiaotong University
- COWI Consulting Engineers and Planners AS
- Maunsell AECOM
- China Harbour Engineering Company Group
- China Railway Shanhaiguan Bridge Group Co.
- Jiangsu Fasten Nippon Steel Cable Co., Ltd.
- Second Highway Engineering Bureau of China Communications Construction Company
- Second Navigational Engineering Bureau of China Communications Construction Company
Relevant Web Sites
- 'Intelligent' dampers for Sutong stays in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 2nd Quarter 2006, n. 43 v. 12
- Sutong deck lift at full speed in "Bridge Update", January 2007, n. 65
- Next Yangtze crossing moves ahead in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 4th Quarter 2004, n. 37 v. 10
- Rising star in "Bridge Update", November 2006, n. 62
- Tight toleranaces for Sutong deck lift in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 4th Quarter 2005, n. 41 v. 11
- Longer presented at 35th Annual Symposium of IABSE / 52nd Annual Symposium of IASS / 6th International Conference on Space Structures, London, September 2011.
- Smooth operator in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 4th Quarter 2007, n. 49
- China's bridge boom grows with another three world-class projects in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 1st Quarter 2003, n. 30 v. 9
- Route master in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 1st Quarter 2007, n. 46 v. 13
- Aerodynamic Behaviour of Very Long Cable-Stayed Bridges during Construction presented at IABSE Symposium, Large Structures and Infrastructures for Environmentally Constrained and Urbanised Areas, Venice, 22-24 September 2010.
- Sutong's final pice finds its place in history in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 3rd Quarter 2007, n. 48
- Sutong Bridge-A Cable-stayed Bridge with Main Span of 1088 Meters presented at 17th IABSE Congress, Creating and Renewing Urban Structures – Tall Buildings, Bridges and Infrastructure, Chicago, September 17-19, 2008.
- Sutong Bridge - The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge in the World in "Structural Engineering International", November 2008, n. 4 v. 18
- Sutong Bridge – A cable-stayed bridge with a main span of 1088 meters presented at IABSE Workshop, Recent Major Bridges, Shanghai, May 2009.
- The Key Techniques For Sutong Bridge Construction Control presented at Improving Infrastructure Worldwide, IABSE Symposium, Weimar, 19-21.09.2007.
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update