Parsons Transportation Group was responsible for designing the longest main span bridge in Canada. The bridge, originally called the New Quebec Bridge, with a main span of 667.5 m (2,190 ft) and side spans of 186.5 m (612 ft) each for a total length of 1041 m (3,414 ft) between anchorages, crosses the Saint Lawrence River 198 m (650 ft) upstream from the famous old Quebec Cantilever Bridge and 8.1 km (5 mi.) southwest of historic Quebec City. The six-lane bridge, with a capacity of 90,000 vehicles per day, is the keystone of the Quebec regional highway network. It was constructed for the Department of Roads of the Government of the Province of Quebec with Parsons Transportation Group, in a joint venture, performing the construction supervision. Subsequently, in 1980, Parsons completed an in- depth condition inspection of the entire structure including the cable system in accordance with the Maintenance Manual that had been developed by Parsons about 10 years earlier. In 1993, Parsons conducted a preliminary aerodynamic study to evaluate the feasibility of adding a seventh reversible traffic lane on the bridge by converting the median barrier and shoulders.