Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge
|Function / usage:||
|Original name:||Hoover Dam Bypass-Colorado River Bridge|
|Other name(s):||Hoover Dam Bypass-Colorado River Bridge|
|Built:||2005 - 2010|
Geographic Information & Related Structures
Boulder City, Clark County, Nevada, USA, North America
Hoover Dam Bypass (2007)
Hoover Dam (1936)
|Coordinates:||36° 0' 45.00" N 114° 44' 30.00" W|
|total length||579 m|
|arch span||323 m|
|End of November 2004||
Expected beginning of construction of the bridge over the Colorado River.
The high-line system collapses due to high winds, causing significant delays in construction as the opening date is moved from 2008 to 2010.
|20 October 2010||
Opened to traffic.
Relevant Web Sites
- Bridge design & engineering: Ceremony marks Hoover Dam bridge completion
- Bridge design & engineering: Life line
- HighestBridges.com: Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tilman Memorial Bridge
- Hoover Dam Bypass
- Revver: Hoover Dam and Lake Mead
- Close call in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 3rd Quarter 2009, n. 56 v. 15
- New high-line in progress for Colorado River Bridge in "Bridge Update", October 2007, n. 71
- Dual purposes in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 2nd Quarter 2008, n. 51 v. 14
- Life line in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 1st Quarter 2008, n. 50 v. 14
- The New Colorado River Arch Bridge at Hoover Dam presented at fib Symposium 2004, 26-28 April 2004, Avignon.
- T.Y. Lin International Excels With Project Partners’ Input in "ASPIRE", Winter 2008