Hangzhou Bay Bridge
|Beginning of works:||2003|
|Completion:||1 May 2008|
Cable-stayed bridge with semi-fan system
|Function / usage:||
Ningbo, Zhejiang, China
Jiaxing, Zhejiang, China
|Coordinates:||30° 35' 8.07" N 121° 2' 3.38" E|
|Coordinates:||30° 20' 7.56" N 121° 10' 41.10" E|
|main span||448 m|
|total length||36 km|
|1 May 2008||
Opened to traffic.
Currently there is no information available about persons or companies having participated in this project.
Relevant Web Sites
- Bridge design & engineering: Ceremony marks final link in Hangzhou Bay Bridge
- Bridge design & engineering: Hangzhou Bay Bridge opens
- Bridge design & engineering: New port to benefit from cross-sea link
- Wikipedia: Hangzhou Bay Bridge
- Un pont de 36 km en mer de Chine in "Le Moniteur des Travaux Publics et du Bâtiment", 22 June 2007, n. 5404
- Construction starts on China's 'bay bridge' in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 3rd Quarter 2004, n. 36 v. 10
- China's bridge boom grows with another three world-class projects in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 1st Quarter 2003, n. 30 v. 9
- Hangzhou-Bay-Brücke in China in "Brückenbau", 2009, n. 1 v. 1
- Influence of Wind Barrier on Wind-Resistant Performance on Some Cable-Stayed Bridges in China Through Wind Tunnel Tests presented at IABSE Symposium, Large Structures and Infrastructures for Environmentally Constrained and Urbanised Areas, Venice, 22-24 September 2010.
- Hangzhou Bay Bridge – A 36 km shortcut between Shanghai and Ningbo presented at IABSE Workshop, Recent Major Bridges, Shanghai, May 2009.
- A matter of restraint in "Bridge Design & Engineering", 1st Quarter 2005, n. 38 v. 11
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update