Geographic Information & Related Structures
|number of floors (above ground)
The tower is added to the original Greek revival temple-like structure with a sky-lit dome.
The Greek Revival base building was built between 1837 and 1847 to a design by Ammi B. Young. The doric columns are each monolithic Quincy granite.
The 32 story tower was added on top of the original Greek Revival building from 1913-1915 to the plans of Peabody and Stearns.