Emily Warrren Roebling
|Name:||Emily Warrren Roebling|
|Born on||23 September 1843 in Cold Spring, Putnam County, New York, USA, North America|
|Deceased on||28 February 1903 in Trenton, Mercer County, New Jersey, USA, North America|
|Daughter-in-law of||John A. Roebling|
|Wife of||Washington Roebling|
|18 January 1865||
Married to Washington Roebling.
After Washington A. Roebling succumbs to caisson disease, Emily Roebling begins to supervise the construction of the Brooklyn Bridge
At the opening of the Brooklyn Bridge, President Chester Arthur and Emily W. Roebling ride together across the bridge.
Presented to Queen Victoria in London.
Obtains a law degree from New York University.
Structures and Projects
Participation in the following structures & large-scale projects:
- Brooklyn Bridge - John A. Roebling's Sons Company
There currently is no literature listed.
- The Great Bridge, Touchstone/Simon & Schuster, New York (USA), ISBN 067145711X, 1982
- Engineers of Dreams, Vintage Books, New York (USA), ISBN 0679730210, 1995; pp. 359-60
- The Builders of the Bridge (2nd edition), Harcourt, Brace and Co., New York (USA), 1950
- Silent Builder, Associated Faculty Press, 1984
- About this
- Date created
- Last Update